Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Final Service



This past Sunday, I traveled to Silver City to attend the final service of the Rev. Larimore Wicket. Not only was this to be his last service as the Pastor of our Valley Community Church, this was to be his last as an active minster. He has officially retired.
Mimi was able to travel with me, and here she is with her adopted older brother Alan, whom she met at the Annual Meeting way back when in Tucson (you remember that one, it was where I was elected Conference Minister) and they became fast friends.

From the look of things, Larimore is not so much retiring from parish ministry as he is taking on the role of Bishop (I actually placed the Mitre on his head AFTER I made him kiss my ring - which he actually did)....

We wish him and Carlos, his partner, the best in their retirement years as we also thank him on behalf of the Body of Christ for his years of faithful service and ministry.

No comments: