Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just catching up...

On Saturday, I had the distinct pleasure to attend the surprise Birthday party for Kathy Kim. Kathy is a member of the Church of the Beatitudes in Phoenix. She as a member of the Search Committee that called me here to the Southwest Conference. On the very first night in my house, she and the Rev. David Weaver brought us dinner for our first meal here. She has been a blessing to us throughout our time here, and helping her celebrate was a real joy. She is pictured here with a good friend, Barbara Nordlund. Taking their picture together was special to me, since they were both on your Search Committee for the Conference. And the next picture is my bride, Mimi, with the Rev. David Weaver - we all had a great time that night.




This last picture is of Mark Buehle, whose proud parents got to hear him preach at the Church of the Palms in Sun City. I also heard him, and had a very enjoyable visit with him in my office this morning. Mark gave a life as a computer programmer some 25 years ago to follow a call into the Mission Fields. 12 years in Zambia, followed by 13 in Lesotho have afforded him some great experiences and stories. Mark will be itinerating through the Southwest Conference, visiting our churches. If you get a chance to hear him, I strongly encourage you to take that chance.

No comments: