Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Nogales, and a Dear Friend

I spent a magnificent weekend in Nogales. Mimi and I drove down on Saturday and had a splendiferous meal in the home of the Pastor, Dave Jernigan, and his wife Joan.

On Sunday morning, we held a rousing service of worship in their Sanctuary....



before heading downstairs for a meeting to talk about mission and discernment. I can tell you this much - you don't mess with this lady!


On Friday evening, I had the distinct pleasure of sharing the evening and a meal with one of my personal heroes: Davida Foy-Crabtree. She is the Conference Minister in Connecticut, and when I entered Conference Ministry I asked her to be my mentor - which she graciously agreed to be. She is pictured here with her husband David, and a mutual friend Randy Hyvonen, Conference Minister in Montana.

No comments: