Monday, March 29, 2010

Palm Sunday at West Congregational

Since I was the narrator, speaking from directly behind the choir, I didn't get the best shot of them. In fact, all we see are their backs. But the Choir at West Congregational did an inspiring job performing their Easter Cantata yesterday. I am always amazed at this small gathering of women and the incredible sound they are able to produce. It was a joy to participate with them in this sacred service.

And here are the children carrying in the Palm Branches as the service began. I was also a little amazed watching this. In the Midwest, the children might come in with small fronds waving - here, entire branches! I was not used to this. It really added an aura of authenticity and drama that I was not accustomed to.

I am grateful to West Church for the invitation to join them, and for helping me get my Holy Week off to a blessed beginning.

No comments: