Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Since I Last Posted…




Sorry I have taken so long, but I have been on the road and am just getting a chance to report.

Thursday last, I went to spend the morning with the leaders at Faith United Church of Christ in Dewey, Arizona. I will be working with them in the coming months as they navigate their way through a time of Pastoral Transition. They sure would be happy to know that all of you who are reading this will lift them up in prayer.

I came right home from there and flew to New York. I hear some of you asking: “Do we have a church in New York?” Well, no. But there is a place called ‘Yankee Stadium’ there, and they tell me they are tearing this Cathedral down. So, I found a free day between a trip to Dewey and a three day Still Speaking seminar in New Orleans (more about that in a second) to treat my son to a birthday extravaganza: one more game in Yankee Stadium before they tear it down.

And now I am in New Orleans. What a great culture this is: I have had red beans and rice, local desserts, local brews (don’t tell anyone about that), and sampled some great jazz. I am here with a small group assembled from across the denomination to address the question about how we breath new life into the Still Speaking campaign. Before the week is out, the Conference will send out an In the Loop edition that will include my report about this event. We are in the middle of it as I write this (I love to multi-task), and some really cool ideas are emerging around this.

Keep my in your prayers. I return home tomorrow evening, and will spend that time re-introducing myself to my wife and daughter. Pray for me as I travel.

1 comment:

Kent Siladi said...

I am happy to see you call Yankee Stadium a "cathedral."

How was worship?