Sunday, January 18, 2009

From West to East...

The day started out West with a visit to United Church of Sun City.



Jim Fredette met me early and took me on a tour of the facility, including their Olive Branch Center - where the serve over 300 meals a day, many of those to low income clients. Jim was a delightful host, and his wife Nancy was also a joy to meet. There is a great spirit of fellowship and companionship at United that was a treat to experience.

From there, I drove out to the East Valley where, at Congregational Church of the Valley, I had the pleasure of participating in the Ordination of Judith Horgan. I have to say, few things give me greater joy than Ordinations and Installations, and this one was no different.

Here is Tom Garrison with Judith. Tom served as an advisor for Judith while she was in-Care.



Also attending were Abby Atkins, Dosia Carlson, and Liana Rowe - all pictured here. By the time we gathered in fellowship hall, word was circulating that the Cardinals were going to the Super Bowl. There was much rejoicing all the way around.

1 comment:

Rev Liana Rowe said...

What a privilege to be part of Judi's ordination! Her call in Vermont takes her kind of "back home" after her sojourns here in the Southwest, and I will miss her.