Monday, July 6, 2009

Last shot of Synod, and a very special day


Here is a shot of the delegation, about two minutes after the close of Synod. What a great week we had. I am so very proud of each and every one of them. They worked very hard, they slept very little. Please feel free to call or invite them to your church for a recap of Synod, and a lively discussion about the key issues and main events.

I did not come home right after Synod. I flew to St. Louis to help my brothers and sister celebrate my Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary.
Here are my Mom and Dad, just seconds after opening their gift from their eight children (seven of them were theirs, the eighth we sort of adopted). The gift is a Mediterranean Cruise.


And one final shot. My Dad grew up as a caddie on the oldest golf course west of the Mississippi. He was a club pro, and turned down an invitation to play on the Tour. We have wasted many an hour on the course together, and while home this time I got to play with him and my two sons. Here he is still hitting it straight.

No comments: