Monday, October 12, 2009

Silver City, Shadow Rock, and Beatitudes

After returning home from New York (Pension Board meeting, and my first Broadway Play), I spent the remainder of the weekend:

presiding at the Ordination of Rev. Tyler Connelly at the Valley Community UCC in Silver City, New Mexico (in addition to Tyler's picture, our respective partners are also pictured - you know, the pastor's spouses):



Preaching two services at Shadow Rock United Church of Christ in Phoenix. The theme was from the landmark book, God the Economist by my old Systematics Professor, Doug Meeks:



and participating in the service of closure, ending the ministry of Rev. David Weaver at the Beatitudes Church and Campus:



What a full and absolutely delightful weekend! I think you can see from the smiles how much joy was experienced in the journey.

I love what I do, and thank you for the honor of sharing this fulfilling ministry with me.

No comments: