Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend Retreat in Sedona



I spent the weekend leading a retreat for the members of the Church of the Red Rocks, in Sedona. This is their pastor, George Ault. Ignore that hat he's wearing (Penn St.), and look instead at the jersey I'm wearing in the picture below (Mizzou).

I tell you, the bike ride from my hotel room to the State Park where the retreat was held was one of the toughest I have ever made - until I took the ride back from the State Park to the Hotel. Oy!

Anyway, as Church of the Red Rocks begins its 50th anniversary celebration, we gathered to think and pray about the coming years, and what that might mean. The weather was perfect, and the day was well spent.

Ever wonder what they feed this vegetarian when I go on these trips to our churches? Well, take a look...



In addition to the retreat, my son and I got some rock climbing in - after all, this is Sedona!



All in all, a pretty good weekend.

No comments: