Monday, May 10, 2010

A full, and joy-filled weekend



On Friday I was able to spend the day with a dear friend, Wally Ryan-Kuroiwa, who is the new Interim minister at Valley Community UCC in Silver City New Mexico. At the end of the day, we met Alan Mong for dinner.

From there, I drove to El Paso and attended the Installation of the Rev. Deborah Clugy-Soto. While there, I got into an argument with her twelve year old daughter Jodi as to whether or not Mozart or Beethoven was the greater composer. By winning a two out of three arm-wrestling match (and yes, the outcome was momentarily in doubt), it was determined I was right: Mozart it is.


And finally, I spent Sunday morning with Rincon UCC as they celebrated the Installation of their new Pastor, the Rev. Steve Van Kuiken.



I am happy to be home, but must say this was a spirited, joyful, and enlivening journey through New Mexico, Texas, and Arizona.

Before I close the post, I can't help but add these two photos. They are just too adorable, and were taken this weekend. Enjoy.

No comments: