Monday, August 30, 2010

Back after a week away...

This past weekend, I spent a grace filled and spirit enriching weekend with some wonderful people from our Southern Arizona churches. Camp Thunderbird was astoundingly beautiful, and the weather was as good as it gets. Nights around the fire, s'mores, bingo, volleyball, and hiking were all on the agenda. And Sunday morning, we worshipped outdoors and shared communion at the table of our Lord. Here just a few pictures to capture a feel of what that worship was like. The last of these is a picture of the Rev. Dr. Wally Ryan-Kuroiwa, Interim at Valley Community church in Silver City, this year's host church for the annual Family Camp:




Before I got to Camp Thunderbird, I spent the early part of week with my brother and his family hiking through Mount Ranier. Here he is with his youngest, Holly, and his son, Peter at Comet Falls. Pretty spectacular. I will try to post some more pictures of this soon.

No comments: