Thursday, August 12, 2010

Two Things of Which I Am Proud....

Two things happened to me today that make me so proud.

This morning, we met Andria Davis, a young woman from the Beatitudes church and a recent grad from Smith College. She is headed to Chicago Theological Seminary. After examining her, and hearing her pastor, the Rev. Nancy Elsenheimer, and a mentor, Dana Bender, share with us the gifts they see in her, the Committee on Church and Ministry gladly and enthusiastically granted her Privilege of Call.



When I returned to my office later in the afternoon, I found a facebook posting from the pastor of the church Mimi and I attended while we were in St. Louis. He wanted to share with me what the sign in front of the church looked like today. Well, here it is:



It does make one proud.

No comments: