Sunday, October 5, 2008

United, Santa Fe


I thought I was going to miss out on the fall weather, but a weekend in Santa Fe gave me a taste of it here in the desert Southwest. A front blew in from Alaska, and after months of 100+ temps, the weather cooled and the soft rains came.

What a weekend! To be sure, I am exhausted. My plane just landed, my wife was there to get me, and I have just arrived back home.

Friday evening, a good group gathered in the sanctuary to hear and dialogue about taking our Faith into the World.

Saturday, a larger group gathered for some Strategic Planning around Mission and Ministry.

Then Sunday there were two worship services, and an adult forum on Faith and Politics. My thanks to Rev. Talitha Arnold, pastor at United in Santa Fe - whose hospitality throughout the weekend made this an enjoyable event from start to finish. And to Brandon Johnson, a brand new Associate Pastor who is already doing some good work there. And finally, to Jackie - their very gifted accompanist.






I am happy to be home. The last six weeks have been quite a haul, but well worth the time I have given to it. I won't have to travel again for a little while, so I am going to root myself back here at home in Phoenix for a bit and reacquaint myself with my family.

No comments: