Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Financial Development (woohoooo!!!!)


We began Monday evening with worship in the Amistad Chapel (pictured here).

For three days we have been discussing fund-raising principles and best practices for financial development.

I have to admit, this stuff is fascinating. I never thought I would say that, but it is. It has been very helpful.

The good news? I am really learning a lot about how to raise significant money to fund the ministry and mission we have spent a good deal of my early days dreaming about.

The bad news? I'm coming to get you.

Well, that sounded harsh. And that's not bad news, really. Let me rephrase that: I am happy to be part of a concerted effort to increase your joy by inviting you to participate in mission through giving.

There we go.

We have a lot of work to do before we begin any major campaign, but it is a vision and a goal towards which I and the leaders of this Conference will soon be working with zeal and passion. And all of you - all of you - will be an integral part of making this mission and ministry come alive.

I can't wait!

No comments: