Saturday, November 1, 2008

Clergy Retreat

Sorry it has taken this long to post, but I wanted to collect some comments from the clergy who attended. We had a great time - even at the biker bar George Ault took us to on Tuesday evening.

Here are some comments:

Greetings, all! It was wonderful getting the opportunity to be with my fellow UCC clergy, and in my case, getting to know so many of you for the very first time. Thank you for you collegiality, friendship, and willingness to welcome in new folks. I look forward to living into these new relationships...and taking you up on all the offers to meet for lunch, dinner, happy hour, or otherwise! Blessings in your ministries!blockquote>
Brian Frederick-Gray, Phoenix
I too want to say thanks for the time together on Sunday and Monday. I wish I could have stayed longer and enjoyed being with all of you. I drove back to Santa Fe Monday, filled with gratitude for our group and for John D’s leadership. Thanks to those of you who helped plan and lead the retreat, and to everyone who helped us become real with ourselves and focus on our vision for ministry.

Leona Stucky-Abbott, Santa Fe
Thanks to each of you for making the retreat a valuable happening!
The "trick" is to keep our momentum going, and to keep connected with one another.
The "treat" is the journey together into a vision of peace and justice for all people!
Our blessings on each of you as we come together as the Body of Christ.

Carla Cunningham, Albuquerque
The clergy of our conference were lit up and energized by the movement of the Spirit, the leadership of our Conference Minister, the laughter of our fellowship and the competitiveness of our play, it was an incredible experience!
Briget Nicholson, Tucson
Thanks for the followup and thanks to all who responded. I had a great time especially being with all of you.

Don Childers, Los Alamos

Rich and I came home filled with gratitude on so many levels to be part of such a deeply faithful, compassionate and passionate bunch!! You energize us!

Barb Doerrer-Peacock, South Mountain

Thanks to all of you for the time you took to be at the retreat. I enjoyed seeing every one of you and am so grateful for the time we spent together. I wish you all peace and successful ministries, and am looking forward to the next time our paths cross.

Liana Rowe, Interfaith Worker Justice

There were more, but I will let these speak for us all. I was moved by how much fun, how much love, and how much dedication to ministry was evident in this gathering. I can't wait till next year. A special thank you to Len Silvester, Lee Milligan, and Sue Joiner whose work on the planning team made this such a special event in the life of the Conference.

No comments: