Monday, November 17, 2008

A Full Weekend in Tucson



Back to Tucson this weekend.

The weekend began with a Planned Giving seminar put on by Lynne Hanson and Hans Holznagel from our Cleveland Offices (check website for information about the same event happening in Albuquerque today, and Phoenix on Thursday - it was well worth it!). Pictured here are some of the participants who gathered for that seminar.

On Sunday morning, I had the joy of returning to the place where it all began for me: Rincon Congregational United Church of Christ in Tucson. I worshipped in the sanctuary where I was elected, and preached from the spot whereat my very first sermon as your Conference Minister was delivered. I would be lying if I said it did not mean a good deal to me to return to that spot. I certainly had warm and fond memories of that whole weekend.

Pictured here are Miles and Trent - the latter being the choir director at Rincon. I sat next to these two in the second service (Miles was far the better behaved of the two).

No comments: