Tuesday, December 9, 2008

And now the pics....

I am back. I will play some catch up this morning, but here are some pics with some commentary on my trip to Orlando - my third since serving on Conference Staff, but my first as a Conference Minister.

First, here is a dear friend, with whom I served in Missouri on staff, and with whom I vacationed right here in the Southwest as we toured the spring training facilities about four years ago. Dale Parson is as good a human being as God can make.













You will recognize this man, John Thomas - the General Minister and President. I caught him at his best: food shoved in his mouth and a glass of wine in his hand. His sermon on the value of intelligence in ministry and the call for that never to overshadow the need for those whom we serve to simply see Jesus was brilliant and stirring.













These next two you probably won't know. The first is Joan Ishibashi, and she is the Association Minister for the Western Reserve Association of the Ohio Conference. She is the Conference Staff person for all of our National Staff offices. And what a delight she is. Her sermon on the changing nature of ministry as we know it, and the wisdom resources that are ours in scripture and the Tao de Ching were inspirational.

The second face is that of Don Clark, Attorney for the United Church of Christ, and himself a brilliant legal mind. His lectures on matters legal in the UCC were informative, and will probably prompt a memo or two from me to all of our churches and clergy.
















And here I am waiting to get home, but delayed waiting for a plane to arrive in the snow storm that hit Denver last night. A long night travelling, but I am home.

No comments: