Monday, December 15, 2008

In Nogales

Ok, the point here is I had a good time - a great time.














I spent a lovely evening grilling veggies, talking politics, and watching the full moon rise over San Caytano Mountian in the home of Dave and Joan Jernigan.

I spent the next morning in worship with United Fellowship UCC in Nogales.















I spent the afternoon with the Interfaith Peace and Justice committee of Nogales discussing White Privilege.

All of that was good. It was enjoyable, and I look forward to another visit with them soon.

But none of that explains the following:

I rise Sunday morning after a restful slumber in the guest room of the Jernigan home. I wander a few feet down the hallway to freshen up, shower, shave, and prepare myself for the coming day and there, on the sink in the guest bedroom - right where I would likely see it - was this:














In case you can't read the entire line at the bottom, it's "For Liars, Cheaters, and Wrong-Doers."

So much for Southwest Hospitality, huh?

No comments: