Saturday, July 12, 2008

Senior Camp



This is Cody, a senior high camper from Sahaurita. I met him last week while visiting the campers. In fact, he was the first one I met. He saw me wearing my Celtic Ranger jersey and wondered if I had ever played soccer. In fact I had. He asked if I wanted to play with them a little later in the afternoon. I did.


Camp means a great deal to Cody, as you can see. You should feel good about that - your church's OCWM (Our Church's Wider Mission) offerings make this possible. If your church supported campers with scholarships, you made it possible. If your church sent campers, counselors, nurses, directors you made it possible.


Obviously, Cody wasn't alone. Many others experienced the joy of Christian love and fellowship at camp this summer. Barb and Esther worked very hard to make their experience a meaningful one, and we owe them both a deep debt of gratitude. Peggy volunteered as a counselor for the week, and it was she who took the time to interview Cody. Stay tuned to the website - for Peggy has many other videos to share with you about the youth and what camp meant to them.


Let us give thanks for out Outdoor Ministries and the opportunities they create to instill a sense of pride, of self-esteem, and of belonging in the hearts and minds of our developing young men and women.

No comments: