Monday, March 9, 2009

A Fruitful Weekend...




...that began with a meeting of the Nominating Committee on Saturday morning.
Pictured here are Mike Peacock, David Ragan, Holly Herman, Melissa Talley (yep, she made it on the blog again), and Sally Ponzio. Not pictured are Faith Crawford (who came just after this picture was taken), and Rich Doerrer-Peacock - who was sitting at the other end of the table.

From there, I hit the road and headed into Los Alomos - where it snowed on me Saturday as I arrived in town!


I spent the rest of the weekend there, and loved every minute of it.

One of the unusual features are their stained glass windows. I know, you are thinking 'A church with stained glass windows? Who'da thunk it?"

But, look a little more closely at the top of this window. Betcha find something you won't see in any of your windows. And though it isn't pictured here, bet none of you have a rendering of a black hole in any of your windows, either (maybe in your pulpits, but not your windows: shame on me for that one).


I finished my time there with a nice meal shared by Don Childers (Sr. Pastor), Deb Worley (clergy and member of the church), Ken and Mary Freese (members who have been very active in the Conference, and who were there for their last Sunday - after 35 years!), and Kathleen Logan (Associate Pastor).


I had a great time.

Now I'm off to Mexico! (look for pics later in the week).

No comments: