Monday, March 30, 2009

What a Great Weekend!

Another full weekend.

We held our third in a series of leadership workshops on Saturday. This one was held at St. Paul's UCC in Rio Rancho, NM. We are gratefull for Lynne Hinton, pastor at St. Paul's and pictured here with Darrell, a member of the church:

and to Sandy Sorensen, who runs our Washington, D.C. advocacy office and who flew in to lead two of the workshops for us, and to preach at St. Paul's on Sunday morning. She is pictured here with our Vice-Moderator, Alissa Marquis from United in Santa Fe:

Yesterday, I spent the morning with the wonderful people at Faith UCC in Dewey, AZ. We had a delightful time, shared a meal together, worshipped, and had great conversation about the mission of the Conference.

And then, last but certainly not least, I was honored to be present for the Ordination of Rev. Jeffrey Dirrim at First Congregational UCC in Phoenix last night. It was magnificent, and we were all so proud of Jeffrey. The church was alive with spirit and energy, and many tears of joy were shed as we laid hands on him and ordained him into ministry. I would have pictures, but my over-used camera, with me everywhere I go, ran out of battery. But here is a pic I took of Jeffrey with his pastor Steve Wayles on the day he was approved for ordination by CoCAM.

No comments: