Thursday, March 12, 2009

A moving trip...





How do I begin to describe all that I encountered in the last three days?

Gathering with global partners in Ministry from both the United Church of Christ and the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), we traveled across the border into Mexico to examine the life, the journey, the struggles of the Migrantes.

I was moved by the challenges they face, and by the dignity with which they comport themselves.

I was challenged by those who are on the frontlines ministering to these noble people whose lives have become so desparate they will face great odds to help feed their family - to simply survive.

Here are just a few pictures. I will try and post a link soon so you can see a whole gallery of photos from this trip.

A special thanks to both Randy Mayer, Delle McCormick, and Liana Rowe for their participation and leadership in this event, and in their efforts to shape justice on the border.

No comments: