Monday, February 2, 2009

First Congregational, Tucson




I spent a wonderful day in Tucson on Sunday.

I preached at a church that is revitalizing itself, and is creating some new, invigorating, and enlivening worship: First Congregational UCC in Tucson.

It was a delight. I was actually the Chair of the Western Association Committee on Ministry that approved Briget Nicholson for Ordination - I can't tell you how proud I am of her and what she is doing.

I got to bring my drum and play along with the band, and here you see Gabrielle and Abigail warming the drum up for me before the service.


I asked Melissa Talley to take some photos for me, and so she did. This is one she took of herself - I think her goal is to appear on the blog as frequently as she can (I don't complain - it could be worse. Tom Garrison could have the same ambition. Egad.)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

My life's dream is slowly being realized. When I have appeared 10 times I will be truly satisfied with life!
And I found your sermon to be excellent yesterday :)

jcdorhauer said...

You are too kind.

And no gratuitous appearances on this site just to attain a goal - you have to earn those apprearances. See you soon for the Tucson workshops!