Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Go, Tigers!



Last night, I wasted an evening watching my beloved Missouri Tigers battle it out on the baseball field with the dreaded Arizona State Sun Devils.

I say wasted not because I was at a baseball game, which is never a waste of time, but because the Tigers did not end up victorious. Drat!

My host for the evening was the inimitable Ray Gentry, who despite his offensive hat turned out to be a pretty good guy and enjoyable company. We disagreed a few times on the merits of decisions made by the plate umpire; he cheered often for all the wrong reasons; and he walked away oblivious to the pain I was feeling. Nonetheless, he was pretty decent about the whole thing and did share his peanuts with me let me sit on his cushion (which, since it had an ASU logo on it, I didn't mind ploppoing my backside onto). Ray is a member at the Scottsdale church.

No comments: