Monday, February 9, 2009

Installation

I will let the pictures tell the story. This was one of the most meangingful expriences of my life, and I hope to ride the wave for a long, long time.

Here is The Rev. Dr. Sam Mann stirring us all with the word:


And, with all apologies to Sam, here is my personal favorite moment: my son and daughter singing a moving rendition of Tracy Chapman's "Heaven's Here on Earth":


Mimi calls me over to lay hands on me and pray for my ministry:


Mark Clark, Chair of the Search Committee, lifts the Conference up in prayer:


Lee Albertson, host pastor, and A. Gayle Engel, the one who gave me my start in Conference Ministry and from whom I learned much, and the inimitable David Lyon sing along in to my favorite hymn, the title of which is my ever-present prayer in ministry - "Be Thou My Vision:"


Hans Holznagel and Moderator The Rev. Len Silvester perform the Installation:


Gayle presents me with the Conference medallion:


I worship with my family, missing our eldest son:


Alissa Marquis, Vice-Moderator, reads our Scripture for us:

No comments: