Saturday, September 13, 2008

Back Again

Just touched ground about 20 minutes ago. I was in St. Louis for a presentation to the International Gathering of Parish Nurses. Quite an experience. I did my best to help them 'navigate the murky waters of conflict, tension, and misunderstanding' between themselves and their pastor.

I did not get a chance to report this earlier (because I had to jump on a plane as soon as the meeting ended), but on Thursday the Southwest Conference was proud to receive another in-Care student. Chris Hinkle is pictured here with one of his Pastors, Rev. Ted Elsenheimer from Church of the Beatitudes. We welcome Chris with open arms, and look forward to a time of discernment with him as he prepares himself for Christian ministry.

I am about to enter a meeting, my first, with the Justice and Witness Committee of the Southwest Conference (just to be clear - this is not my first ever meeting, as I have had a few of those over the years, just my first with this Committee. Reminds me of my trip to Silver City. The paper there ran an article about my coming, and the headline read: "Rev. Dorhauer to preach his first sermon at Silver City." Oh, for the days when editors knew what they were doing.) Anyway, please pray for this Committee. We are looking to give shape, direction, purpose, and meaning to that which we do for all of you.

No comments: