Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm tired, but deeply satisfied


What an amazing weekend!

Two days of retreat and meeting with the Board of Directors, and an overnight trip to Oro Valley United Church of Christ just outside Tucson.

I will spend more time in the next couple of days filling you in on some important Board decisions, and including some pix.

But let me talk right now about Oro Valley.

Saturday night, Pastor Jim Briney and his wife Sandy hosted us at their home. It was dinner with a couple of close friends and a few members, and it was a delight. The views from their porch and pool are as breathtaking as any.

And thanks to Herb and Jan for taking care of our accommodations - when I woke up to watch the sun set outside my room, I knew I was a lucky man.

Worship at Oro Valley, fellowship afterwards, a time of conversation and dialogue, and then gathering at a local restaurant for lunch with some of the members was very enjoyable. I found that Jose, their accompanist, and Herb, their choir director, had a unique blend of high quality and real enthusiasm. This combination made for some lively worship.

No comments: